Useful Links

Other organisations you may find of interest:

Maple Leaf Trust: The Maple Leaf Trust is the premier charity of the Canadian community in the UK. Proceeds of fundraising both in the UK and in Canada benefit two charities with Canada – UK links: the Veterans’ Support Committee and the Canadian Centennial Scholarship Fund.

Canada-UK Chamber of Commerce: a networking forum for companies and individuals engaged in trade and commerce involving Canada and the UK

The Canada Club: The Canada Club was formed in October 1810 and is the oldest Canadian institution in the UK with the exception of the Hudson’s Bay Company. It holds three to four dinners a year for members and their guests to listen to outstanding Canadians and other speakers on Canada.

Canadian Residents living in the UK:

Whether you’re planning a short vacation or a long-term stay abroad, sign up with Registration of Canadians Abroad. This free, confidential service will keep you connected to Canada in case of an emergency abroad, such as an earthquake or civil unrest, or informed about an emergency at home. IT DOES NOT MATTER IF YOUR TRIP IS A FEW WEEKS OR IF YOU ARE STAYING IN THE UK FOR 5 YEARS.

Parents: If you are returning to Canada with your children, and not with your spouse, you should take a parental consent letter with you. It does not matter that you and your children are Canadian Citizens, you may experience long delays at Canadian immigration if you do not have a consent letter from your spouse!